• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 27, 2021

    Age of Mythology My experience - guide to 2k

    Age of Mythology My experience - guide to 2k


    My experience - guide to 2k

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 07:29 PM PDT

    My experience - guide to 2k

    https://preview.redd.it/awjanlrxyp771.png?width=1366&format=png&auto=webp&s=6ca1efddb3f0a838b988b4a5df53891869877893

    I finally broke the 2000 rating in EE and I wanted to share my experience playing and managing to be somewhat "successful" in multiplayer game.

    I used to play AoM as a kid, I would play the campaign like 2000 times, play single player and struggle vs a hard Ai and played multiplayer with my brother and cousins against a Titan Ai and get crushed, but still I had tons of fun.

    Recently I bought the game on Steam and decided that i wanted to go onto the multiplayer community. I was scared that I would get destroyed vs people who had been playing for a long time, but I wanted to make it through and this is what I did.

    Firstly I searched in internet tips and guides for multiplayer, and learn the basics: I'll sum them up: Always make villies (Eco allows Army), Go straight for Hunt with hunting Dogs (U gather food faster), Learn a build Order to reach classic in a proper time, if the map is water always go fishing straight away (Is like having 2 tc producing villies), Scout the map, Do economic upgrads and military armies in time, Learn the counter to units and do not take bad fights (Sending 3 units against 6, and then some 3 more u will lost them all and not kill more than 2). At this time if u learn the basics u should be able to defeat a hard AI in any map with any god with no troubles, and now u are ready now to jump into the multiplayer scene.

    First thing to know, a real player is not a bot, each game will be different u will face countless strategies, some people will be far better than u, but do not despair. This is the beginning. U can play some unranked matches. I recommend hosting 1v1 and practicing, when u see u can beat some people go play ranked. But before I encourage u to pick a god and stick with it for a while, learn the different Build Orders, the advantages and weak points of it. I'm a main Loki player so I'll speak mostly about it.

    If u know the basics and have won some unranked games u should have no trouble reaching 1700-1750, this is when u have to improve at the game if u want to keep climbing. At this point u should've faced all the gods and realized that u have some trouble vs some gods in particular, in my case Zeus and eggys. Second step plays other gods for a while in unranked matches, learn their build orders, their strong points and specially its weaknesses. Also look up for some videos on youtube of ur main god vs other gods specially against the one u have more trouble with (I would like to thank The Ouroboros and Boit for their videos they were very helpful). Next step micro ur units, don't waste lost units as much as u can, learn hotkeys, shift command and at least have a control group on ur scout, this will help u be faster and save precious seconds to be ahead of ur opponents.

    Now if you keep playing u should be able to reach 1850-1900, but this is when it gets hard for real, u will be facing tougher opponents, who knows the game, different strats, faster reaction time, good micro, etc. This is when u must have a better knowledge of the game, this means learning all the matchups (When to play defensive, when to wall, when to advance faster, when to boom, etc.) learn every map (It's high hunt, low hunt, lots of herdable, good fish, poor fish, exposed gold, forward hunt, few gold, lots of chokepoints, safe tcs, easy to wall of, etc and adapt to it the best start u have againt the god ur opponent is playing)

    With lots of games and learning constantly (videos, streams, re watch ur games specially ur loses), u can reach 2k too. Good luck and have fun.

    submitted by /u/CursedSiegfried
    [link] [comments]

    $100 Meta Plays Monthly Tournament Live Now!

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 07:41 AM PDT

    Playing some Nu Wa vs Set in AoM:EE! 1v1 Supremacy Ranked

    Posted: 26 Jun 2021 07:32 AM PDT

    No comments:

    Post a Comment