• Breaking News

    Sunday, June 28, 2020

    Age of Mythology Press F to pay respect

    Age of Mythology Press F to pay respect


    Press F to pay respect

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 03:47 AM PDT

    Question about Bogsveigir

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 08:13 AM PDT

    Hi,

    I just started playing extended edition and there is one thing that bothers me: Why bogsveigiers cant build?

    I think it doesnt make sense it breaks the concept that all norse infantry can build instead of villigers.

    :-((

    Is there any way to provide feedback to the developer or something like that?

    submitted by /u/Beatlle
    [link] [comments]

    Frustrated with having to be forced to rush

    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 06:50 AM PDT

    Hi,

    As the title suggests, I am frustrated with how the game is specifically built to promote early game rushing above anything else.

    Let me explain:

    • I can beat the campaign on Titan difficulty, EASY.
    • I can manage to win against 2 moderate AI on random map, EASY.

    However, when it comes 1v1 on hard random map I LOSE around 80% of the time. I practice on Alfheim as Zeus (I just enjoy the Greek Lore and simple play style).

    The Problem

    At around the 27 min mark the enemy sends CONSTANT waves of enemies at my TCs. There is not even a 15 sec break between waves.

    I can fend them off but being on the back foot means I have no space to attack, while they strengthen their economy by taking goldmines and TCs (increasing their population).

    At this point, it's basically game over as it will either result in a stalemate or I give up as the game at that point has no diversity:

    • they send a wave
    • I defend and build up forces
    • they send a wave
    • I defend and build up forces
    • on and on and on....

    It would be so much more enjoyable if they sent waves every now and then chilled out and did something else then waves... but no, just waves \yawn**

    The Solution

    I have watched guides and they all encourage early game rushing to damage the enemies economy to prevent/stifle the waves. I've tried this and it WORKS, but I am frustrated that I have to follow a specific build order, a specific formula in order to win every game.

    It's like the game does not want you to stray from a certain path, It doesn't want you to do something different.

    Do I have to suck it up and just early game rush as AOM mandates I do?

    The way I feel right now is that if that is all that is needed to win every game then there is no point in playing because if you can do it once, why do it again? Every game plays out the same.

    The game is making me question my IQ as I have never experienced a game where it didn't matter how much I researched or tried I'd keep losing if I didn't follow the pre-determined formula.

    Thanks for reading my rant and moan :)

    submitted by /u/Kazekage1111
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment