• Breaking News

    Sunday, November 8, 2020

    Age of Mythology Yet another chunky 5 hour game last night. 3 player free for all. The aom hangover is real.

    Age of Mythology Yet another chunky 5 hour game last night. 3 player free for all. The aom hangover is real.


    Yet another chunky 5 hour game last night. 3 player free for all. The aom hangover is real.

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:31 AM PST

    Out of all the "Age of-" games, AOM is in most dire need of a remaster

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 11:45 PM PST

    Now that Age of Empires 1-3 have all been remastered with the newly released 'Definitive Editions', the fanbase's eyes are all on Age of Mythology, as I'm sure most of us hope AOM will also be treated with a Definitive Edition of its own.

    While it can be argued that AOE 1-2 desperately needed a remaster, I feel that they're 2D visuals are more appealing than the dated 3D models and textures of AOM. Ironically, the older art style of AOE 2 has allowed it to survive longer while most 3D games of the early 2000's have fallen behind a lot in the graphics field. Even AOE 3, while also a 3D game, hasn't aged too badly, with the new Definitive Edition mostly being a visual polish rather than a complete makeover.

    AOM, on the other hand, now stands as the ugliest looking game of the series, and I would say that the Extended Edition only made it look worse because of how much it oversaturated the colors. AOM needs a remaster more than any of the other games. A complete reworking of all the models, textures, and even the animations. I'd say even a port to the more updated version of the Havok engine in AOE 3.

    The Chinese civilization also needs a complete reworking, both from an artistic and gameplay perspective, because good Lord that titan is hideous. I really hope Microsoft doesn't ignore AOM, and I hope we can see an Age of Mythology Definitive Edition before the end of 2021.

    submitted by /u/DudeDurk
    [link] [comments]

    Greatest Maps

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 06:01 PM PST

    Am I the only person who, once a year, will play one 3-hour game in single player with 7 other AI, free-for-all, with 30 Plenty Vaults so I just have an epic game that lasts forever?

    If I'm not the only one, does anyone have recommendations to get epic huge maps for Steam? There used to be one called 'manaheim' that was a huge snow map, similar in layout to Alfheim, that paced these types of games really well, since the map was so huge.

    Not seeing it this year (though I'm thrilled to see the game was finally updated; its my only guilty gaming pleasure i great myself to once a year- nostalgia).

    I'd also be curious if anyone has had any success making custom maps and playing them against AIs.

    Thanks

    submitted by /u/XGHOW
    [link] [comments]

    Evil Mode

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:48 AM PST

    Something I've always wanted to try is to play as the "bad guys" in the Fall of the Trident campaign. I know how to bring up the campaign maps in the editor but with all the triggers and multiple armies (sometimes there are 2 or more enemy armies under the same name) It is difficult to simply take control of Gargarensis and friends to crush Arkantos. I wonder if anyone knows of any mod that exists that I could use to try this or if there is some magic I could do in the map editor to solve this problem. Does anyone know if this is a possibility? Thanks in advance!

    submitted by /u/Ozzietheduck
    [link] [comments]

    The most annoying thing, to play ranked on steam and after 5 seconds in game: sync error and get minus 15 points ��

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 01:43 AM PST

    Ways to play extended edition online multiplayer without getting the game on Steam?

    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 05:49 AM PST

    I have a non-officially distributed version of AoM EE TotD patch 2.8, is there any way I can play with other people without buying the game from steam? I am aware of people playing the titans on voobly but I want to play EE.

    submitted by /u/dwqy
    [link] [comments]

    Age Of Mythology: 1(traitor)vs1(me)vs(Ryuk, mihnea)

    Posted: 07 Nov 2020 11:00 PM PST

    No comments:

    Post a Comment