• Breaking News

    Friday, January 17, 2020

    Age of Mythology Is there a way to speed up the load/restore game speed of an online game?

    Age of Mythology Is there a way to speed up the load/restore game speed of an online game?


    Is there a way to speed up the load/restore game speed of an online game?

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 11:57 AM PST

    Me and a friend are trying to continue our LAN game and it takes like 15 minutes to restore the save.

    submitted by /u/HamsLlyod
    [link] [comments]

    AoM EE hotkeys shorcuts HELP

    Posted: 16 Jan 2020 12:43 PM PST

    1. What do you press for your villagers to not get interrupted when they are building something and also getting attacked?
    2. When the game crashes on the loading screen, what do you press to save the game instead of end it from task manager?

    Thanks in Advance

    submitted by /u/SlowBarber
    [link] [comments]

    Help with playing on Mac w/Wine

    Posted: 14 Jan 2020 02:37 PM PST

    This game is an old favorite of mine and was looking for some nostalgia in my scant free time. No interest in playing online, just want a mostly operational game and some AI to bash my head against. I have a mac (2018 pro running 10.14.6 Mojave) and after some research here and elsewhere decided that the move was to run the game via Wine.

    Took the following steps to do so:

    Installed homebrew -> updated/set that up -> installed wine via homebrew and updated/set up that -> obtained a version of AoM EE by way of torrent -> ran the setup.exe with wine after being prompted to download a few new elements wine needed to work within the same interface.

    At this point I ran into some issues: the setup opens with wine and I am prompted to select language etc. I am prompted to choose a folder for the game to be installed to and set the location to the one designated for AoM in my apps. I am prompted to create a start menu folder/select a location for it and do so in the same folder mentioned above. I hit install and the following error is returned (see picture) https://imgur.com/a/815GpGs . Additionally, the following sub-folders are created (but empty) under the folder 'Age of Mythology Extended Edition' https://imgur.com/a/6cxXaaY .

    I am literate in computers in the same way I speak German, with enough time and googling I can figure most things out. I am happy to continue plugging away at this question on my own but figured I would ask for help in the meantime and see if someone smarter has a solution for me.

    Hopefully I have not put this in the wrong place or violated any rules, if there is another piece of information that I could provide that would help diagnose my mistake just let me know and I will provide it.

    Thanks in advance. (2nd attempt posting, I believe the first was auto-deleted for my not having joined the subreddit before attempting to post)

    submitted by /u/namesnotgreg
    [link] [comments]

    No comments:

    Post a Comment